sooooo, I had literally been bugging everyone at work about how bad I wanted a new eyeshadow palette. I kept looking online and in stores for something that had the colors I wanted. I already have palettes with multiple orangey-brown transition shades and browns and blacks. I wanted something with some pops of color for spring and summer. Then, of course, on Instagram I saw Lorac’s new I Love Brunch Palette.
Now, I already own Lorac’s Pro palette and their contouring palette and they are both AMAZING. The colors are smooth and pigmented and they blend easily. When I looked at the shades in the brunch palette (I’m just going to refer to it as the “brunch” palette, it’s easier) I saw they were all pastels. People are always afraid of pastels, they think the lighter brighter colors won’t look good on them…WRONG. I was, however, skeptical if they would be pigmented enough.
Well the next thing I knew I was in line at Ulta purchasing it. lol. Here’s what I think:
- The colors are SUPER cute (the names are cute too, they’re all brunch related, like hot sauce, mimosa, etc).
- The formula is the tried and true Lorac perfection. They are velvety smooth and PIGMENTED.
- The palette comes with Lorac’s eyeshadow primer and a dual-ended brush. I use the brush almost every time I apply it. Sooooo, it’s a dang good brush. One is a blending brush and the other could be used a crease/packer brush.
- The palette has a few transition shades (I use the shades “hot sauce” and “bloody mary”). The shades “mimosa” and “sunday funday” could also be used.
- There are plenty of fun colored shades like “avocado toast” and “blueberry scone”.
- A whole eye look can easily be created. There are both matte and shimmer shades.
- It’s $44. Which is comparable to any other high-end cosmetics brand.
All in all, I LOVE this palette. I use it absolutely every day. It can be used for everyday work wear or going out on the town looks. Great purchase. If you’ve tried it, let me know what you think and show me some looks!